- Take 3-4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, depending on the length of your hair, and pour it into a plastic zip lock bag.
- Ensure that the bag is sealed properly. Immerse it into hot water to let the oil warm up.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Once your hair is completely dry, start applying the oil from the roots of your hair to the tips.
- When your hair and scalp and completely covered in oil, wrap a damp hot towel around your head.
- Let this sit for 20-30 minutes and then shampoo and condition.
You can repeat this treatment twice a week.
Benefits Of Using Grapeseed Oil As A Deep Conditioning Treatment
Grapeseed oil is rich in linoleic oil and Vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant and an emollient. The antioxidants help battle free radicals that damage your hair while the emollient properties help seal moisture in your hair shaft. It also helps soothe the scalp, treat dandruff, and smooth the hair shaft, preventing issues like frizz, splitting, and breakage.
- Ensure that the water is not so hot that it melts the bag.
- Do not over-heat the oil as you can end up burning your scalp.